Wednesday, December 26, 2007

All Other Countries Have Inferior Potassium

In the words of Borat, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were "great success."  Although the little brainmuncher was sending me into convulsions as he threw numerous temper tantrums, smeared random foods onto his hands and tried to grab my new dress, and made me generally claustrophobic, everything after the feast went smoothly.  Everyone seemed to enjoy their gifts, and I know I did...new digital camera, robe and slippers, lighted makeup mirror, and numerous other goodies.  Then I went grudgingly off to midnight mass, which was slightly more tolerable than expected as I saw many people I knew.  I fell into my bed and snoozed for 6 hours before waking, seeing off the nephew, and then proceeding to wait impatiently while people made coffee and took their sweet time before I was allowed to pass out the Christmas Morning presents.  Everyone had fun and got good stuff, and I quite enjoyed my numerous DVDS (Brady Bunch, Quantum Leap, Fresh Prince, Full House, OK Go music videos), a new video camera, CDs (Blues Brothers soundtrack, Lawrence Welk Polkas, Barry Manilow CD/DVD set), board games, maaany books (2 I Love Lucy books, Hawaii in the 50's, 2 novels, etc.) and a lot of other stuff.  Like clothes.  I love clothes.  No underwear this year, though, so that's comforting.

Now that I have a new camera I have no excuses for not making new videos, although no one really cares if I do or don't because no one watches them.  Then again, no one reads this either.  If on the small chance you do read this, I aplogize for how incredibly boring and self-centered this blog is, but I get great satisfaction from gloating about my wonderful Christmas gifts.  Be glad I restrained from writing a complete itemized list.

No comments: