Monday, January 21, 2008

Come up to the lab, and see what's on the slab...

No posts for a week (or so)!  My apologies to all of you faithful, nonexistent readers.  I've been running all over the Southern California area doing all sorts of fun things.  Hmm...so last we spoke I had gone to the roller derby, I believe (and I'm too lazy to check).  So...Wednesday I found out that my dad had finally actually gotten little old me a NAMM badge!  Woo-hoo!  So Thursday I got up super duper early (yes, 8 is ultra uber super early to me) and headed down to good old Anaheim.  I spent the entire day there and it was awesome...so many cool things to see and it's so BIG!  I was exhausted by the time the day was over.  Friday I slept in a little and didn't wake up until 11, and since I got there so late parking was full.  I had to park in the freaking Downtown Disney lot and hoof it all the way to the convention center.  It had to have been at least a mile and the sun was out so I wasn't happy.  But then I got there and got some video of Slash so that was cool.  Saturday I got up at 10 and headed out to Hollywood for the second annual As One YouTube gathering.  That was so much fun!  It was awesome to meet all of my fellow YouTubers.  After that I headed out to Anaheim again which was the drive from HELL because the freeways were backed up so I had to take surface streets so it took me like an hour and a half to get there.  Luckily I had the GPS thingy so I wasn't completely lost.  I ended up getting down there too late to go into the actual show but I ate at Coco's and then saw some of my fellow School Of Rock-ers at a show at the Marriott.  Then Sunday, I was planning on getting up and heading down and spending the entire day there but I was so exhausted I slept until 1 and then just headed down for a couple of hours.  All-in-all, it was a great four days and hopefully I'll get to go back again some year.  I got some neat stuff too, like a teeny tiny working harmonica, some custom fit earplugs which I am expecting in the mail, an awesome portable practice pad, and four new sets of drumsticks with cool patterns on them.

Now that I've bored you with my life, I'm going to watch an episode or two of the Brady Bunch and then get some sleep, as I have to do ALL of my homework tomorrow since I've been so busy and I have to go get a freaking cable to connect my video camera to my computer because I have discovered that the USB cable is only for transferring still images.  What a pain in the ass.

Oh, and if you have absolutely no idea what NAMM is, like most people, click on the title of this entry and you'll get the short and sorta boring Wikipedia definition since I'm too lazy to explain it.  But let me tell you, it is insanely awesome.

No comments: