Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Phantom Of The Paradise

So I've decided I want to start a little movie suggestion thing.  I'll title the blog post as the movie title, and then give a little info about it.  At first I was going to make comments while I watched the movie but I tried that and it was pretty lame, so for now I'll just talk about it and urge you to see it.

So today's movie is Phantom Of The Paradise.  From the box:

Phantom of the Paradise is a groundbreaking cult film favorite from acclaimed writer/director Brian De Palma.  Paul Williams wrote the acclaimed rock and roll score for this musical horror classic, and stars as an evil record tycoon haunted and taunted by a disfigured composer he once wronged.  Cheered by Los Angeles Times as a "delightful outrageous...visual triumph," this hilarious send-up of the glam rock era is pure entertainment from beginning to end!
1974, Color, Approx. 92 Minutes, Rated PG

I've only seen this movie twice before, but I fell in love with it the very first time I saw it.  It reminds me of The Rocky Horror Picture Show in a way, and I absolutely love that movie, so if you like that you'll probably like Phantom Of The Paradise.  This movie is kind of loosely based on Phantom Of The Opera, The Hunchback Of Notre Dame, The Picture Of Dorian Grey, and Faust.  It's a musical (duh) and it has lots of great songs, interesting characters, and it's just a cool movie.  Here is a poster:


And here's the trailer:


If you do decide to see this movie, let me know what you think!

No comments: