Monday, January 19, 2009

Shock Treatment

So I'm finally getting around to watching Shock Treatment.  I've only watched a little bit of it so far but I decided to pause and do an entry before I forgot.  One interesting thing that I didn't realize before is that Jessica Harper, who plays Phoenix in Phantom Of The Paradise, plays Janet Majors in this movie.  I was watching thinking that she looked and sounded a lot like her and lo and behold, it is her!  Just a little random fact that amused me.  From the box:

The musical madness and mayhem continue in this sumptuous "sequel" to The Rocky Horror Picture Show - on DVD for the first time ever!  In the continuing adventure of Brad and Janet Majors (Cliff De Young and Jessica Harper), their suburban hometown, Denton, U.S.A., has been transformed into a giant TV studio, where the brainwashed citizens remain happily glued to an endless series of soap operas, variety acts and game shows.  But before you can say, "We'll be right back after this, the station's unscrupulous sponsor has locked Brad up in a mental hospital and recruited Janet to be the sexy star of her own hit show.  Stay tuned for a shocking lineup of maniacal characters, biting satire and all-out fun!
1981, Color, 92 Minutes, Rated PG

Here's a poster:


And here's the trailer:


Enjoy!

No comments: