Monday, January 5, 2009

What I Like About You

Here's a fun, random, super-awesome 5:38 AM blog post for everyone who stumbles across my sad excuse for a blog.  Right now my sleeping schedule is like completely bass-ackwards and I'm going to bed at like 9 AM and waking up at 5-7 PM.  I really need to fix that, because I'm leaving independent study to finish my final semester of high school with my friends.  Eww...mornings =/  But yeah.  I just watched some video on YouTube where this person was listing random facts about themselves and I thought it would be kind of fun to do that.  It might even help me learn about myself!  Here goes:

1. I am kinda OCD.  I have to have the stereo turned to a number ending in 0 or 5 (15, 20, 25, 30 etc.) and I have no idea why.  It just drives me nuts if it isn't.  I have some other OCD traits like if I touch something with one hand I usually have to touch it with the other as well.  I don't know if that makes sense but yeah haha.  Plus like...just other boring little things I do.

2. I like orange juice, but I'm really picky about it.  I can drink Minute Maid and stuff like that but I don't really like it.  I love Odwalla and Naked orange juice as well as fresh-squeezed.  And for some reason I've always loved Donald Duck brand orange juice, which I'm not sure if they make anymore.

3. On the topic of juices I'm addicted to guava juice and I have been since...as long as I can remember.  I also LOVE Jamba Juice's orange berry blitz.  And Odwalla's Citrus C C Monster (which I am drinking as we speak).  And lemonade made with lemons from the tree in my backyard is probably my favorite thing ever.

4. I've loved Alice Cooper since I was about 7 1/2.  I saw him singing "Welcome to my Nightmare" on a commercial for some Halloween event at Magic Mountain, asked my mom who he was, and the rest is history.  She had a few of his albums on vinyl and I sat in front of the record player and listened to them over and over all night long.  I soon realized that I recognized a couple of songs from hearing them on the radio before I realized who Alice Cooper was.  My obsession only grew from there.  When I was 9 I was Alice Cooper for Halloween and I was actually in a Halloween parade (the final Mark and Brian Halloween parade, and if you're from my area you'll know who they are...well even if you aren't, they were the DJs in the Princess Diaries movie) as the 9-year-old Alice Cooper!  When I was 11 I went to see my first Alice Cooper concert and my grandma scored me and my brother backstage passes, so I have a picture of me with Alice and an autographed program.  I see Alice every time in town and I've only missed him once (I cried).  I even went to see a taping of the Craig Ferguson show that Alice was on.  And I'm determined to meet him again one day so he can sign the picture of us =D  Oh, and for Christmas I FINALLY got this pretty rare autobiography of his from the 1970s, YAY!  Thank you mommy =]  (This probably could've been a post of its own, it was pretty long but oh well haha.)

5. Okay so I was writing about my lucky celebrity encounters here...and then I just started blabbing on about random stuff and people and things like that and it started getting really long and braggy sounding so I decided to nix it.  But maybe one day I'll post it.  Who knows.

This post is getting entirely too long.  My apologies, but like I said I'm bored!  Bye for now =]

No comments: