Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Birthday

Well, today isn't MY birthday (although that is fast approaching), but it is Alice Cooper's 61st birthday, so happy birthday Alice!  I wore one of my many Alice shirts today in honor of the occasion =]

Moving right along...today was my third day back at school.  I went to this high school (which I shall refer to simply as WHS for privacy purposes) for freshman and sophomore years, and then left October of my Junior year because frankly, if I hadn't, I would have lost my mind completely.  I transferred to independent study and was doing that whole bit just up until the end of last month.  I wanted to transfer back to WHS for the last semester of my senior year just to finish up the whole experience, graduate with my friends, and so I could finish where I had started.

So being back isn't that bad.  I think I'm getting back into the swing of things, although I did oversleep 15 minutes this morning but no biggie.  My schedule is actually reaaaaaally easy, because all I need to graduate is a semester of economics and 4 elective classes.  My schedule appears as follows:
1st Period - No class!
2nd Period - Beginning Band
3rd Period - Sociology
4th Period - Economics
5th Period - Teacher Assistant
6th Period - Foods
So that's pretty awesome.  The way my school's weird schedule works means that Mondays and Wednesdays I don't have to be at school until 10:15 AM, Tuesdays and Thursdays I have to be there at 8, and Fridays I have to be there at 9:45.

The classes themselves all seem pretty easy.  I took beginning band freshman year and I'm taking it again mainly because there weren't really any other electives and it's super easy.  I sit in the back with my giant xylophone, do whatever I want, and when I have to I play.  Good class to study/finish up homework in.  Sociology is pretty easy too, mainly just note taking and watching movies.  Plus in a couple of weeks we get to care for our own little mechanical baby for a week that will cry randomly all day long, so that sounds like fun haha.  Economics should be good because I had the teacher for A.P. psychology sophomore year and he's my favorite teacher.  Very laid back and full of funny stories.  Now originally I was going to T.A. for my honors bio. teacher, who I had freshman year, but she already had a T.A. for fifth period so instead I went with my honors English II teacher from sophomore year.  So far it seems like it should be an easy period, I'll probably make copies and correct stuff or something, I really don't know.  I do want to clean up the classroom though because it's a mess haha.  I found a bottle of fish food and I see no fish in that class whatsoever...so yeah.  And then foods is so much fun!  We just get to cook and eat, so that should be a nice way to finish off the day.

Well, I've blabbered enough about this so now I'm going to go heat up some food and do some homework.  Friday I have to turn in a bunch of econ. vocab. AND a chapter outline/vocab. terms for sociology so that's exciting.  And I have my drum lesson tomorrow night so I have to finish most of it today...ahhhh.  And I have to decide what I'm wearing tomorrow!  I love picking out my outfits haha.  Well...bye for now then!

No comments: