Sunday, February 1, 2009

Zelda's Lullaby

Today (well, technically yesterday) I spent the day at my grandma's house helping her and my mom to clean out the garage.  We've done this many times before, and we always make some progress but I also always wind up finding really cool stuff and taking it home with me.  Today was no exception!  For one thing, I found this little thingamabob that I used to have when I was a baby that projects images of Disney characters on the ceiling and plays relaxing songs.  I do have to see if I can fix it though because the projection is supposed to scroll through different pictures, but it isn't.  I also found a book that I asked for for Christmas but didn't get (Love, Lucy by Lucille Ball), a book about mysterious Hollywood deaths, and a book about the New Kids On The Block, which looks hilarious.  I found a really cool lamp that looks like a movie camera, a working rotary dial phone, 3 pairs of nice leather gloves (brown, black, and white), a couple of belts, a sweater, and a large blank canvas.  And a bag of grapefruit from my grandma's tree, haha.

THE MOST EXCITING FINDS, however, were...OLD VIDEO GAME SYSTEMS!  YAY!  So first I opened up a cabinet to find a lovely little NES staring at me...but no cords, controllers, or games.  I set that aside for later.  Then I found a Sega Genesis still in the box it came in complete with its cords and one controller.  No games there either, though.  I then stumbled across a Sega Genesis, also in the box with its cords but no controllers or games.  Finally I found a box housing an Intellivision and a Tandyvision (which plays the exact same game cartridges as the Intellivision), to which the cords and controllers are permanently attached, but again no games.  Finally at some point my mom found a box with the cords, controllers, and some games for the NES plus two more controllers and some games for the Genesis.  We still haven't found games for the other systems but I have to look more some other time.

I brought the NES and the Genesis home with me for now.  The Genesis works fine so I'm going to find a place for it and hook it up soon.  The NES works...sort of.  I was able to play a little Super Mario Bros. 2 on it but eventually it stopped working.  I'm getting the flashing screen/light so I hopefully just have to clean the contacts to get it working fine again.  The sad thing is that there used to be a ton more games for these systems but we thought we didn't have the systems anymore so we sold all the games.

So that's my exciting story for the day.  I was also very amused by the fact that I was wearing my Super Mario Bros. 3 shirt today.  But yeah...I'm going back to school Monday after being in independent study since October of 2007.  I'm looking forward to seeing people again, but definitely dreading getting up in the morning.  I know I'm going to have a free period though and I'm really hoping to get my first period free, because with the way the schedule works I'd be able to come into school Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 10 AM and only have to be there at 8 AM Tuesdays and Thursdays.  So wish me luck on that!

No comments: