Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Fun, Fun, Fun

Sunday, May 24th, 2009.  I got up at 8 AM after about 5 hours of sleep.  Got ready, left the house at 9, got down the street and then remembered I left my phone at home.  Went back, got it, drove into Hollywood to see a taping of a new show called Most Popular, hosted by Graham Norton.  Got out of the taping at about 3.  Headed over to my rehearsal, which started at 4:15, but got there super early.  Ran through some songs, learned Creep on bass.  After rehearsal, headed over to hang out with my friend Sam for a bit.  Left the cafe at about 9:30 PM.  Stopped at the gas station, put some gas in my car, and waited forever to use the bathroom.  Got on the freeway, traffic was moving very slow so called up my friend Maggie to chat.  Didn't even make it to the next exit before my car died.  Tried to restart it.  Would not move.  FREAKED THE FUCK OUT.  Tried to find my hazard lights and ended up turning on my rear windshield wiper in the process, which I couldn't get to shut off again.  Turned on the hazard lights, called my mom.  Called AAA.  Was on the phone with AAA lady when a cop pulled up behind me and came up to ask what the problem was.  Figured out what the deal with AAA was.  Cop used his car to push mine over to the side.  Waited a good 20 or 25 minutes for the tow truck to show up.  Cop was nice and waited in his car behind me.  A passerby took a picture of me while they were driving by.  Tow truck got there, hooked up my car, then pulled off the freeway and had to turn my car around and hook it up the other way so the transmission wouldn't get ruined.  (My car is a 1992 Nissan Pathfinder, by the way.)  Got towed about 20 miles to a shop near my house.  Finally made it home at about midnight, got to bed at 2 AM.

That was a long day.

Monday, May 25th, 2009.  Memorial Day, and my last official day off in my compulsory education career.  Was woken up at 10 AM.  Went to the world's largest auto center, Cerritos Auto Square.  Stopped at Ford briefly, spent a very long time at Honda.  Got a free hot dog & water bottle.  Went over to Nissan.  Spent an even longer time at Nissan with the guy from Honda calling and calling.  Finally decided to go with Nissan.  After all the paperwork and having the car detailed, finally got to go home at about 8 PM.

To make a long story short, I GOT A NEW CAR!  Not just because my other one broke down, we had already started looking for a new one last Wednesday as a graduation gift for me.  So now I have a 2009 Nissan Versa SL and I love it to death!  It's amazing.  As soon as I get my Pathfinder back from the shop I have to try to sell it, unless of course I can find a job and pay for the insurance on it.

I'm trying to decide on a name for the Versa.  The Pathfinder is called the Jonesmobile because it feels like you're riding the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland.  I'm considering naming the Versa Oliver, because of my current Oliver Reed obsession, but we'll see!  Ahhh, I still can't believe that beautiful brand new car in the driveway is mine.  This is so freaking exciting!

No comments: