Thursday, June 4, 2009

Summer Nights

So prom was last Saturday, yayyyy! I wasn't quite sure if I was excited or not beforehand because I didn't have a date or anything, but it turned out to be amazing. I went in a Hummer limo with like 20 people, and we stopped at the beach beforehand to take pictures, but we didn't stay very long because it was freaking cold. Then we got to the venue, took our pictures, and had a little food (mm...cream puffs). They had blackjack tables, roulette, and craps, so Christina (my "date") and I spent a looot of time at the blackjack table. We had a ton of chips and we felt like dancing so we blew them all to go to the dance floor. It was only after that did someone tell us that there was a raffle and how many tickets you got depended on how many chips you had. Needless to say, we were pretty pissed. We did some dancing and then went back to gaming. I won back a fair amount of chips and turned them in for tickets. Everyone also got a paper voucher for 100 chips worth of tickets. I turned in mine, one I found on the floor, and 4 from friends who didn't want theirs. I went back to dancing and then someone asked me if I knew they were doing the raffle inside (as there was an indoor and outdoor dance floor and the outdoor guy was playing way better music so we stayed out there). I made it just as they were raffling off the grand prize. Called one number...no one came. Called another number...no one came. Finally, the third number they called was mine, and I won a brand new black 8 GB iPod Nano and a $35 gift certificate to Target, so that was pretty awesome. After that a bunch of people got together to do karaoke, and we did a 6 person version of Summer Nights from Grease. Eventually midnight rolled around and we had to leave. We rode back in the limo and then Christina and I drove over to Denny's (which we do after every dance) and met up with a bunch of people for food and fun. It was an awesome night and I'm sad it ended so quickly.

In other news, my Macbook took a dump. I had to send it out for service and I won't have it back until next week. Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh =[ I did get the Sims 3 though, so that's pretty sweet.

No comments: