Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Born To Be Alive

Hello! It's been a few days. Not much is new in the world of Amy. I'm kind of on a normal sleeping schedule again though, yay! That's just because yesterday I went to see the first episode of this new show called Hole In The Wall get taped, and it was exhausting. Hole In The Wall is basically the American version of that Japanese human Tetris video on YouTube, so it was pretty awesome. But again, it was so exhausting! I got up at 10, after not being able to fall asleep until after 4, and got ready. Then at noon I left to get gas and I got to Jonathan's house at about 12:15 or so, and we were off. Traffic was excellent, so we made it out to Studio City by 1, and we went to CBS to see if we could park and wait since we didn't need to be there until 2. But nope, we had to come back at 2, so we went to find something to do for an hour. There was a little street festival going on so parking was scarce and we had to go a ways down Ventura before we found a tiny shopping center with some parking spots. We looked around in a pet store and got some cheesy bread from Domino's (my first thing to eat all day). Then we headed back, parked, and got in line. We stood in line for 40 minutes before they told us they were running late, and to either hang out or just come back at 3:30. So we waited, got back in line at 3:30...and then stood in line. A lot. At about 4 they moved us from a line on the second floor of the garage down to the first floor. Then at about 4:30 they moved us to a line outside of the garage in the freaking hot sun. Then at 4:45 we stood in line outside one of the sound stages, and by 5 we were finally in. Then they expected us to stand and scream and cheer and bang "Thunder Stix" together. It took them like 3 hours and 15 minutes to tape the freaking half-hour show. I've been to other tapings, so I knew it took a long time (I was at Beauty and the Geek for 6 hours), but it's still not something you look forward to. After the show was done they tried to get us to stay by bribing us with free pizza and VIP tickets to America's Got Talent and to come back and see Hole In The Wall again. By this time, however, Jonathan and I had sore throats, we were tired, and the irritating cheerleaders from a rival high school who were sitting in front of us were getting on our last nerves. So we bailed and went to Denny's on Sunset! Denny's after dark in LA is always full of exciting people. So, yeah, we had breakfast for dinner at like 8:30, we were out of there by 9:15, and I didn't get home until 10:15. Over 12 hours of nonstop action...so I was dead tired. Went right to sleep. I didn't even check Facebook! Haha, that's impressive.

Wow, that's a big chunk of words up there. No one's gonna read that, but oh well. Today I went to the mall! Yay! And I went broke! Haha. I got awesome stuff though. I got two really super awesome new eye shadows from Sephora. They're Shady Lady eye shadows by The Balm and they're sooo pretty (http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P157200&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=2911)! I got Curvy Cami, which is a super cute shimmery light purple, and I got Jealous Jordana, which is a dark shimmery emerald color. I love them! I also got an Overshadow (also by The Balm, http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P188502&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=2911). It's called No Money, No Honey and it's gorgeous! It's a very light shimmery mineral powder to put on over eyeshadow to give it some glimmer. Then I went over to Victoria's Secret Beauty in search of a volumizing spray I read about in Seventeen or Cosmo GIRL! or something. Those salespeople are good! I wanted one freaking $15 hair product...I walked out with 6 things and spent like $52. I got my volumizing spray (which I just tried and it's FABULOUS! I press my hair and I feel the poof, haha), some straightening balm (which I also tried and it's lovely, my hair is straight, smooth, and frizz-free! http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/application/prodDisplay/?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=9B-212170&page=1&cgname=OSBAFONEZZZ&rfnbr=5222), wave enhancing spray (which I'm going to try tomorrow, http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/application/prodDisplay/?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=9B-212171&page=1&cgname=OSBAFONEZZZ&rfnbr=5222), hair reviving towelettes (which sounds exciting), Love Spell refreshing body mist (it smells so good, and I never would have looked at it if my mom hadn't been a 'tard and spilled it on herself, http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/application/prodDisplay/?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=9B-206453&page=2&cgname=OSBAFNUPZZZ&rfnbr=5218), and a big pink Beauty Candy tote bag that came with 3 mini body sprays =] So it was a productive day! Now it's off to sleep, goodnight!

No comments: